President of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
Abdul Hamid (আব্দুল হামিদ)
- Born on 01 January 1944
- He started his political career as a student being the Vice President of Gurudayal Government College, Kisoregonj. He later became a practicing lawyer in the Kishoreganj Judge Court.
- He was appointed the President of Kishoreganj Bar Association several times.
- He was elected seven times as a Member of Parliament from 1970 to 2009.
- He was the Deputy Speaker of the National Parliament of Bangladesh when Awami League formed the Government in 1996.
- In 2001, he was appointed the Deputy Leader of the Opposition at the National Parliament of Bangladesh.
- On 25 January 2009, he became the Speaker of the National Parliament of Bangladesh.