The Embassy of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
11-B Than Lwin Road, Yangon, Myanmar
Tel: (0095-1) 515 275, 526 144
Fax: (0095-1) 515 273
Monday to Thursday: 0900 – 1300 hrs and 1400 – 1700 hrs
Friday: 0900 -1230 hrs and 1400 – 1700 hrs
Notice: All Bangladeshi Nationals are requested to register upon arrival in Myanmar with Bangladesh Embassy by email : email@example.com
What One may Know:
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman is the Father of the Nation.
- The 26th March is the official Independence Day of Bangladesh.
- 9-month-long Bangladesh Liberation War started on the 26th March 1971 and ended on the 16th December 1971.
- The 16th December is observed as the Victory Day of Bangladesh.
- Myanmar was one of the first six countries to have recognized Bangladesh as an independent and sovereign state on the 13th January 1972 and diplomatic relations between the two countries were established thereafter.
- Bangladesh Embassy was opened in Yangon, Myanmar and the first Bangladesh Ambassador to Myanmar, Mr. K M Kaiser, presented his credentials on the 13th October 1972.
- Bangladesh Embassy in Yangon has a Diplomatic Wing and a Commercial Wing, headed by a Brigadier General and a Commercial Counselor respectively; it also simultaneously maintains a Consulate at Sittwe in Rakhine State.